Banking & Finance Law
Many of The Bowen Law Group’s largest clients are commercial banks, investment banks and other asset-based lenders. Our banking practice communicates with financial institutions regularly on every matter from complex litigation to daily operations. We keep apprised of new legal developments in order to effectively advise such clients on risk management issues related to each institution’s varied needs.
The goal of our banking practice is to provide the absolute best quality legal representation with both the immediacy and the cost-effectiveness that the industry requires. Our extensive knowledge of and practical approach to the industry’s evolving needs and ever-changing market challenges has proven an invaluable resource for many banking and lending institutions. By understanding the unique regulatory framework within which banks must operate, we are able to assist financial institutions in maximizing their business potential.
The Bowen Law Group handles a wide variety of federal and state regulatory compliance issues, from FDIC loss-share agreements to matters involving the Department of Financial Services, the Federal Reserve and the SEC. We assist our clients in developing form documents that comply with consumer protection regulations, developing procedures that meet regulatory standards and reviewing transactions for compliance with applicable rules and laws.
The Bowen Law Group’s banking practice includes:
- Collection litigation
- Negotiating loan work-outs and negotiating and drafting loan participation agreements
- Representing state and national banks before state and federal regulatory agencies
- Representation of foreclosure matters
- Sales and purchase transactions
- Commercial and residential loan closings (including negotiation and preparation of documents)
- Uniform Commercial Code issues
- Consumer class action defense
- Customer disputes
- Fair Debt litigation